Position: Purchasing and A/P Specialist
About the Position
This person must be a self-starter, high energy individual with an attention to detail and must be comfortable working in a fast paced constantly changing environment and wearing multiple hats. The position reports to the Controller.
As the key member of the organization, this position will work cross-functionally. The Purchasing/AP role is expected to be hands on in his/her approach to bring the accounting and financial processes of the company up to standard and ensure accurate reporting and controls.
Lead and manage accounts payable, including:
- Process outgoing payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Perform day to day financial transactions into Apprise ERP, including verifying, classifying, and recording accounts payable data
- Reconcile the accounts payable ledger to ensure that all bills and payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Verify and investigate discrepancies, if any, by reconciling vendor accounts and monthly vendor statements
- Understand expense accounts and cost centers
- Understands compliance issues around accounts payable processes (W-9, sales tax, etc.)
- Provide other clerical support necessary to pay the obligations of the organization
- Protect businesses against unintentional overpayment
- Practice effective monitoring to ensure payments are made to vendors in a timely manner
- Clarify any questionable invoice items, prices or receiving signatures
- Prepare vouchers listing invoice number, date, vendor address, item description, amounts and coding per accounting policies and procedures
- Reconcile bank statements
- Verify invoices against purchase orders and ensure goods or services were received before issuing payment to vendors
Purchasing responsibilities – coordinate with the Director of Purchasing & Inventory planning and tracking of purchase orders, change orders, forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis.
- Enter all mass production POs into Apprise
- Enter all sample POs into Anvyl (purchase order software) or Apprise
- Submit all POs to manufacturers overseas and manage via Anvyl
- Review production ready dates and confirm shipping with VP of Operations to ensure product can arrive on time
- Order all rep and showroom samples according to the product launch timeline
- Ensure all POs in ERP reflect any changes made after the PO is placed (ex: pricing, additional charges, etc.)
- Production Status Management:
- Generates weekly production tracker to send to suppliers
- Manages weekly production review call with team to discuss production status including: production delays, QC status, reviewing sell through percentage before shipment planning, and shipment planning
Backup Accounts Receivable –
- Deposit and scan customer checks to AR specialist
- When necessary, backup AR specialist in receiving and posting customer payments
What We’d Like to See in You
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or 3-5 years of experience in accounts payable roles
- Big picture mentality and ability to manage towards business growth
- Familiarity of the accounting and financial processes and internal controls
- Creative thinking to suggest process improvements, including automation of processes.
- Well organized, strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent communicator, strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Must be a TEAM player
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite products (Excel, etc.)
- Bilingual in Mandarin and English is a plus
How to Apply
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter attached to the email. Please use subject line "Application: Purchasing & A/P Specialist".
Position: Design Intern
We are looking for a designer who is ready to use their talents for an exciting, growing brand. We are a close-knit team of hard working, go getters who work to tirelessly crush goals and service our customers. We are looking for someone who knows how to connect to people visually through their design.
- Organize, rename, and resize a large number of images
- Resize and color correct image files as needed
- Assist with creation of graphic content for all digital channels as needed
- Assist in preparing for photoshoots by organizing products and purchasing props for example
- Maintain brand standards for Mary Square and Michelle McDowell
- Self-motivated, self-starter who is driven to achieve goals
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop
- Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and InDesign preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Strong sense of initiative and ownership in work product
- Ability to learn quickly, react quickly and adapt to change
- An eye for design
How to Apply
Email your resume to email@example.com with a resume and cover letter attached to the email. Please use subject line "Application: Design Intern".